Thursday, November 19, 2009

http://blog.modcloth.com/2009-11-09-thanksgiving-thank-a-thon-blog-contest?utm_source=NL_thanksgiving-blog-contest_11-9-09&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=thanksgiving-blog-contest
That is the website to go to if you would like to enter this amazing contest (I hope I win)
It is a Thanksgiving blogging contest, and you should enter! You can win a $100 gift card for you and the person who you wrote about!


To be frank, I am most thankful for my outstanding English teacher, Mrs. Senner. She is so beautiful, inside and out, and the way she smiles is unbelievably contagious. Not only is she a teacher, but she is a mother, a friend, and most importantly, a true hero. She is always helping me out, even if I don't ask. I always go to her when I need advice. One time on my school's eight grade trip to Washington D.C. me and my best friend Alexis got sick of each other and started acting in ways that weren't the nicest we could be. Soon we found ourselves crying, and when Mrs. Senner was on her rounds in the hotel to make sure everyone was in bed, she stayed in our room to help me and Alexis talk it out and realize that we really had no reason to fight, and that we really, honestly, loved each other. We were best friends, and we were not about to lose our friendship then over some stupid issue like that. Mrs. Senner can always find a way to cheer you up and I am 100% thankful for that. Not only does Mrs. Senner help the students at my school out, but she teaches Bible stories to the children of poorer unfortunate families than the students at my school. Every Wednesday, Mrs. Senner does a skit for these children, and it lights up their day seeing her perform. Mrs. Senner honestly enjoys doing this. When she shares her experiences to our class, there is a genuine sparkle in her eye. It is a sign of love. She really loves to help out anyone in anyway possible. I am so excited to be spending the rest of my eight grade school year under her gentle loving watch. I know that this year will be a great year because of Mrs. Senner, and I thank her for her passion and support for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment